Thursday, April 15, 2010

In my dreams

In the hot dessert I'm walking with no direction. All there is are dunes and the sun casting shadows down on them. All of a sudden I see in the distance a person coming closer but stops just a bit far but close enough for me to see, that person in fact is you.
I pick up my feet heavy from exhaustion, with the impulse from seeing you made me start running as fast as possible to get there before you dissapeared. As soon as I got there, you were gone...my legs gave in and I fell to the ground.
While I was laying there, a raindrop fell on my forehead, and then on my lips, on my chest, on my arms and then all over. My exhaustion washed off, and it felt as if I was born again.
What a miracle! I was so thirsty, I needed the water badly, so I opened my mouth to let the heavenly raindrops replenish me, but as soon as the first drop fell in my mouth, I was transported to a beach. There was a jungle of trees facing the ocean, peaceful really. All you could was the wind and the waves crashing.
What a beautiful sight! I thought...but how in the world did I get there? It was really puzzling till I saw a message written out on the sand, the message read: I'll follow you wherever you go.
Who wrote that? I looked around, but no one in sight. I turn to the ocean and I see you again, just standing there with a smile on your face. How your smile warms me up inside, its magical!
So, there I go again walking across the water hoping, praying you won't dissapear.
Finally I get to you, I look down to your purple eyes and smile. I hug you while the water is crashing around us, and you just whisper in my ear I'll follow you wherever you go. With your last breath, the sky got gray the wind got strong and the water got rough. In a snap of a finger everything went dark.
I wake up with the sun shining in my face, I look to my side at the empty space in the bed. I'm saddened by this, but I turn to my night table and I have a picture of you, which makes me remember I dreamt all night with you. How I want you by my side...Why did cancer have to take you?? The day you passed away, I was left with a hole in my heart. Our children tried to help me, I know they wanted the best for me.
A year has passed, and I've been fine and at times missing you like crazy; but I'm happy when it's time to fall asleep because I know I'll be seeing you in my dreams. In life I had you for 50 years, but in my heart I'll have you forever wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sad story from such a young cheerfull girl...

    ReplyDelete